Silca 4mm Hex Wrench
Silca's beautiful, elegant, first-rate hex wrench is included with Omni and Alpha One, and now available as a separate part for all your wrenching needs! This 4mm wrench is the same wrench included in Silca's legendary HX-One Kit, and is a great part to have on hand for a flat kit, saddle bag, or just by itself in your home tool kit.
Only one wrench per item purchased - multiple wrenches are shown for detail only.
Styx Aero Skewers
- Bolt-on Aero Skewers save 3-4 Watts per set
- Simple, elegant, aerodynamic design
- All-titanium construction
- Dual orientation locks protect your fork
- Works with standard road hubs (100mm front spacing, 130/131mm rear spacing)
- Not compatible with thru-axle hubs or disc brake hubs
- 45g per pair, saves over 100g compared to standard skewers
- Torque spec for skewers is typically set by the hub manufacturer. 6 Nm is usually safe, but be sure to consult your hub manufacturer, and check torque periodically between rides. Also, the wrench hole is relatively shallow, so ensure you are pushing INTO the bolt as you torque, to avoid cam out.
The humble skewer is one of the most overlooked components on the market. This simple device, tasked with keeping your wheels in their fork dropouts, is often an afterthought for bicycle makers, wheel manufacturers, and consumers alike. And yet, they are ripe for aero improvement. Standard quick-release skewers expose a large amount of frontal area to the wind, creating drag and costing time.
The TriRig Styx are our re-interpretation of the skewer, optimizing aerodynamic efficiency and offering utter design simplicity. Each skewer consists of three components: two minimal and aerodynamically-shaped skewer ends, joined by one custom-machined thru-bolt. It's a simple design, but there is a bit more going on than you might first imagine.
First, by using two separate skewer ends, instead of one end integrated into a bolt, we avoid the need to turn the skewer against your fork, which most bolt-on skewers require. This protects your fork dropouts, preventing them from being damaged as a jagged metal surface is torqued onto them. On Styx, both ends feature orientation locks, so they simply snap into place, and then the custom thru bolt tightens the system without turning on the fork itself. This is especially important for bikes with all-carbon fork dropouts, which can be easily damaged by other types of skewers.
So what's the bottom line for benefit? In our CFD modeling, a pair of Styx can save you 3-4 Watts. That makes them one of the most cost-effective aero upgrades anywhere. Moreover, every component of the TriRig Styx skewers are made of TC4 titanium alloy, offering exceptional strength, durability, corrosion resistance, and ultra light weight. The entire set weighs just 45 grams, cutting over 100 grams of weight compared to standard trainer skewers.
In short, Styx are perhaps the most cost-effective way to improve your rig's aerodynamics, aesthetics, and weight. They're a small but potent upgrade for any tri or road bike.
No returns on Alpha Spare Parts.
TriRig is proud to make Alpha's spare parts available for separate purchase. If you need replacements, here they are. You can now buy the following:
- NEW Ergo Cups: our new Ergo Cups are the ultimate in comfort. They work with all versions of our aerobars, and now come standard on Alpha X and Alpha One. They now come with adjustable, slotted holes, designed to work with almost every aerobar on the market. The hole spacing is published in the images above, so you can compare to your own setup. The Ergo Cups trade a little weight (compared to our Ultralight Cups) in exchange for much more surface area, more arm wrap, a super grippy textured neoprene pad, and ultimately a more comfortable and stable ride. They feature the same adjustment range as the Ultralight Cups. However, due to their shape, they may interfere with a BTA bottle when used in certain narrower positions. You can get around this by using some ordinary standoffs/spacers from your local hardware store to lift the BTA bottle upward and clear of the cup itself.
- Original Ergo Cups - CLEARANCE - our remaining inventory of Ergo Cups will sell at 1/2 price. If the spacing is not identical to your current bar, you can dremel out a small slot for the bolt, some users have done this.
- Ultralight Cups: these are our legacy cups that used to come standard with our bars, but have now been replaced by the Ergo Cups. Weighing in at just 115g per pair, complete with velcro and pads, these are as light as they come. They trade the greater arm wrap and grippy pads of the Ergo Cups, in exchange for losing weight. If weight is critical, these are the cups for you. In general, we recommend our Ergo Cups for most applications.
- Replacement Pads: standard replacements for the pads that come on our cups, same as what originally came with them. Available for Ergo Cups (textured neoprene pads) or the Ultralight Cups (fabric over foam gel)
- Alpha Classic Hardware Kit: Includes a complete replacement set of all original hardware shown above, for the Alpha Classic. Does not include arm cups, arm pads, velcro, or Gamma extensions.
Aero Bar Plugs
Introducing TriRig's unique, aero-shaped bar plugs. These plugs can be used either at the front of an extension (for 1x use), at the front of a base bar (for track use), or the rear of an extension. The hybrid parabolic bullet-tip shape is the most aerodynamic shape of any bar plug on the market.
Each set includes two closed versions, for use when cables do not need to be routed through the plug, and two open versions for cable routing. The open versions have a 4mm rear-facing port for standard cable housing, and a 2mm downward-facing port for electronic wires. This vertical port makes the TriRig Aero Bar Plugs the only product on the market to allow vertical routing of electronic wires, eliminating the 'wire loop' caused by standard rear-facing cable ports. The open ports also feature a split down the middle, meaning they can be installed before or after cables/wires are run.
A set of bar plugs is included with every Alpha One aerobar sold.
Alpha One Replacement Monopost
Replacement Monopost for Alpha One. This is the new, upgraded unitary alloy version with additional stability. These can be cut to length if desired.
Snap-Top Water Bottles
No returns on Water Bottles.
We've used these bottles for over a decade, and absolutely love them. They are simple, effective, and reliable. Instead of a fancy slew of tiny parts that are prone to fail, they rely on a snap-top lid with a traditional friction-fit spout. We customized them with subtle TriRig graphics, and offer them in a 500mL or 750mL capacity.
Omega Spare Parts
No returns on Omega Spare Parts.
Omega X NH Back Plate
(For Omega X only): For the cleanest aesthetic, this optional No-Hanger Back Plate replaces the one that comes standard with the brake, removing the cable hanger. Using this NH Back Plate requires an upstream cable hanger like the one found in our own Alpha X aerobar or Sigma X stem.
By popular demand, we now offer the Omega Brake Pad Holders for those who want an extra set. These pad holders REQUIRE that you already own a TriRig Omega brake - they are not compatible with other brakes. They work with both the Standard and the SV version of the brake. The Pad Holder Kits consist of two pad holders, two pad holder retention bolts, and two pad retention screws, all pictured.
- Omega X
- Omega Standard (Gen 2 and later)
- Omega SV (all versions)
Salmon Pads (for alloy rims) - In our opinion, these are the very best pads for use on alloy rims, anywhere. Kool Stop's unique pad formula has been the standard by which all other pads around the world are judged. They're affordable, highly durable, and have better stopping power than anything else out there. That's why we stock a set with every TriRig Omega brake. But because they're so good, we figured you might want to order extras, so we keep them in stock for that purpose.
If you use carbon rims, we recommend SwissStop Black Prince pads, or whatever pad your rim manufacturer recommends. At this time, we are no longer stocking carbon-specific pads.
Every once in a while, a Front Plate will be damaged or lost. For those unfortunate events, we've got you covered. The Front Plate is now available for both the Omega Standard, the Omega SV, and the Omega X. Be sure to order the correct one for the brake you own.
TriRig Ultra-Low Dust Covers
No returns on Dust Covers.
These are the ultra-low-profile dust covers we developed for the Alpha X and Sigma X front ends. The replace the standard dust cap on your bike, allowing up to 30mm of stack reduction and a much cleaner look. Aerodynamically, it's usually preferable to slam your stem and achieve your pad stack via the use of aerobar pad spacers.
Now you can slam your stem all the way to the headset, safely and easily. These Dust Covers fit most 1-1/8" headsets. Each one is individually machined from T6-6061 aircraft-grade aluminum, media-blasted for a beautiful satin finish, hard anodized, and laser-etched with the TriRig logo. Each one includes four 0.25mm stainless steel micro-shims for spacing upwards if needed to clear your particular headset.
TriRig Speed Concept Clamps
No returns on Speed Concept Clamps
These clamps are compatible with the aerobars for the first-generation Trek Speed Concept 9-series (model years 2009 through 2013), and also compatible with the 2012 Bontrager RXL aerobar, which uses the same clamping hardware.
The clamps significantly clean up the front-end hardware of the Speed Concept or Bontrager RXL aerobar, reduce the bolt count from 14 to 4, and drop over 200 grams of weight in the process. Read the whole scoop here. Each clamp starts as a one-pound block of 7075-grade aluminum (stronger than the cheaper 6061 on stock parts). They're CNC machined down to just 26 grams each, then black anodized. They will accept any standard aftermarket extension. The optional top caps shown in the video are available if desired. You must use at least 5mm of spacers beneath these clamps (some Speed Concept bars have a 5mm spacer bonded to the bar already).
A note about the top caps: as shown in the video, their intended use is to be sandwiched between the clamps and your arm cups. They are NOT REQUIRED, and the clamps will work just fine without them.
No returns on MVH Dragonflies.
This is a special Dragonfly for Alpha One. This version has narrower arm cup mounts, slightly raised extension clamps, and a flat top, allowing for the least possible frontal area and total elbows-touching positions. This version is made of solid alloy, and heavier than the standard Dragonfly. It adds about 10mm to the lowest-achievable stack height, and also eliminates the ability to use Ergo Cups in their forward position.
This is a highly-specialized part, only works with Alpha One, and is tremendously expensive to machine. These are carved out of solid T6 billet aluminum, CNC machined to exacting specifications, then media-blasted and hard anodized for a durable and lasting finish. They are intended for athletes with very specific needs, trying to optimize a very specific type of position.
The MVH Dragonfly is produced in VERY limited quantities. Once we are out of stock, we are unlikely to produce these again.