TriRig Gamma Extensions
CARBON FIBER version is now available! Select the appropriate version in the drop-down box.
The TriRig Gamma extensions are a very simple-looking piece of hardware with a bit of clever thought behind them. When we unveiled the concept, triathletes everywhere had only one question: when would they be available? Well, here they are.
- Each order is for a pair of two extensions.
- Extensions use the industry-standard 22.2mm outer diameter, 19.3mm inner diameter, and are compatible with almost all aerobars and shifters on the market.
- Each extension is made from aircraft-grade aluminum, then black anodized with laser-etched logos for a beautiful, durable finish that will never fade or crack.
- The ideal 16-degree bend provides superior comfort and precise stack height control.
- Extra-long extensions are designed to be cut at both ends to allow you to dial in your position with unprecedented precision. The uncut extensions are approximately 18 inches long, while most athletes will need only 10 inches or so. The extra length allows you to decide how much of the bar is rising versus flat, providing a very precise method of controlling both stack and reach.
- Three Di2-compatible cable ports allow flexible internal OR external routing.
- Both the inner and outer diameter are controlled along the entire length (except at the the bend point), meaning the extensions can be trimmed anywhere you like.
- Please consult the video below for installation instructions.
- Read the whole Gamma story HERE.
- Carbon extensions, uncut (450mm): 150g per pair.
- Alloy extensions, uncut (450mm): 215g per pair.
- Most users will trim to about 250mm, further reducing these weights.
- If you are not familiar cutting carbon fiber tubing, consult your local bike shop. We recommend a hacksaw blade with a minimum of 32tpi, and wrapping the extension in masking tape before making the cut, in order to prevent fraying.
- The diameter of the extensions is controlled several centimeters from the ends. Once you cut the extensions, you may need to ream the inner diameter in order to insert your shifter plug. This can be accomplished with a Dremel or other rotary tool using a large sanding drum or grinding drum. If you are unfamiliar with this kind of procedure, consult a bike shop.
- TriRig will not be responsible for any damage caused by the user.